The Google Keyword Tool is one of the most useful free tools out there and is fairly simple to use. Start by entering the most relative keyword that applies to your business. If you are a landscape contractor, you might start with the biggest keyword "landscaping". A landscape designer would start with the keyword "landscape designer" or "landscape design". And don't be afraid to use keywords that contain 2 or even 3 keywords.
After you enter the keyword into the Google Keyword Tool, it will return all of the other keywords that are closely related, plus it will tell you how many searches it generates each month, either globally (within USA) or locally. You don't have to use all of the keywords it suggests but pick the top 10 or 12 most relative keywords that fit your business in order to utilize them for your content creation strategy.
Keyword Research ResourcesBelow are some Keyword Research Tools we recommend:
Go to the Google Keyword Tool »
Keyword Research Summary:
- Identify the most relative keywords terms, never guess.
- Find the right balance of short form and long tail keywords.
- Use the Google Keyword Tool to define all keywords popularity.
- Don't be afraid to use keywords that contain 2 or even 3 keywords.
- Pick the top 10 or 12 most relative keywords that match your business.